Dr Ione Patten
Sports Doctor & ACSEP registrar
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (University of Tasmania)
- Current Head Doctor for the Fremantle Dockers AFLW
- Match Doctor for the Australian Women’s Water Polo Team Tri Nation Series
- Former AFLW Independent Doctor
- Former Assistant Doctor to the Fremantle Dockers AFLW
- Running and endurance sport injuries
- Stress fracture management
- Medical management of osteoarthritis
- Female Athletes
- Exercise as Medicine
- Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians
- Sports Medicine Australia
- AFL Doctors Association
Ione has always loved exercise and the outdoors. As a junior athlete she enjoyed soccer, softball, tennis, futsal, athletics, and cross country. Hockey has been her great love, having been a Premier League player in Perth and representing her home state, Tasmania at all junior levels. Her sporting involvement has been not only as an athlete; but as a coach, official and team doctor. These days Ione spends her spare time at the beach, on the trails or riding her bike.
She is a strong believer in the impact of exercise on an individual’s physical and mental health; and is therefore passionate about keeping people active, regardless of age or ability.
Book An Appointment:
Please note that Dr Ione is available at Claremont, Cockburn, Broome practices.